What To Do If You Have Unfiled Tax Returns? – Tax Attorney Jeffrey B Kahn Answers
What To Do If You Have Unfiled Tax Returns? - Tax Attorney Jeffrey B Kahn Answers

Do you have unfiled or delinquent tax returns? Do you owe taxes to the IRS? Did you receive any penalties from the IRS? Do you think you can use professional help dealing with the IRS to resolve your issue? Do you need any help with your offshore IRS issue? If the answer to any of these questions is "Yes", call the office of board certified tax attorney Jeffrey B. Kahn at 866.494.68.29 For more information, visit our website at http://www.kahntaxlaw.com/ All information remains strictly confidential. No information is released to third parties or government agencies. The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, please contact us to learn more about our qualifications and experience. Board Certified Tax Attorney, Jeffrey B Kahn ... Related content from the Kahn Tax Law website: Delinquent Tax Returns Has it been years since you’ve filed tax returns? While the Internal Revenue Service may have not yet notified you, delinquent taxes will catch up to you sooner or later. And with technology and sharing of information advancing at light-speed, it may be sooner than you think. The IRS may seek to impose a criminal offense for failure to file past tax returns as required. Even if you do file, the tax returns must be accurate and truthful because, if the IRS detects false returns, a fraud referral to the Criminal Investigation Division will be generated. The IRS may also create a “substitute return” to establish an account for a taxpayer who refuses or is unable to file a required return. Such a return almost always results in a higher liability than if the taxpayer filed a tax return, because the IRS does not take into account any of the following: - basis information for assets sold - business expenses - adjustments to gross income - itemized deduction, - married filing joint status - exemptions for dependents Under certain circumstances, if the Internal Revenue Service hasn’t contacted you already, it may be possible to avoid criminal penalties and file a return that was previously unfiled. Back taxes could still be owed, however, once you file an overdue return. When you need help paying IRS debt, we can get you current with your tax return filing obligations and then analyze your situation to determine the best course of action for payment and minimize the chance of any criminal investigation. For many taxpayers, this typically leads to an Offer in Compromise. Continue reading at:http://www.kahntaxlaw.com/delinquent-tax-returns/